Vegan muffins with hemp flour and berries
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of hemp flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (replaces oil)
- 1/2 cup unrefined cane sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds previously swollen in boiling water (replaces eggs)
- 3/4 cup of original flavored hemp milk (with or without sugar)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries and raspberries)
- A few pinches of shelled hemp seeds to decorate
Before incorporating the chia seeds into the mixture, they must be swelled in a little boiling water. The chia becomes gelatinous with moisture and replaces eggs in addition to providing nutritional value to muffins. Use hemp flour sparingly, as it enriches the mix a lot and will tend to prevent muffins from rising. If you want to increase the ratio of hemp flour, slightly increase the amount of hemp milk and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and arrange in a muffin pan previously greased with coconut oil (avoid using muffin papers, these muffins do not contain fat, which makes the paper stick on the muffin). Bake at 350 ° F for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 12 small muffins.
Feel free to post your comments and your variants!